Saturday 11 October 2014

2 and half videos

Good Girls - 5 Seconds of Summer

As always, I'm a fangirling mess. This video is truly one for the female rebels and anyone who really really really fancies the four Aussie heartthrobs. Before I get to my actual opinions about this video, I just need to get out my system how much I love Michael Clifford in this video. My body wasn't ready and I'm still fangirling about his presence in this video. That cringeworthy outburst aside, this video is actually pretty good. In traditional 5SOS form, it's tongue cheek with the boys comparing good girls to cello frets and sweet lemonade in the guise of a classical band. And then, of course, they cause havoc, returning to their rock 'n' roll selves causing the girls of the reform school to keep on being bad. Spraying an 'X' over anything and everything, the video culminates in the girls being set free around the prison-like school and the boys being total rockstars. It's such a feelgood song as well so the video has only adds to this single. I just wish they'd chosen me to be in the video with them (sighs)...



Mad At Myself - Issues

Issues are adorable. This song is a serious one and the video is a good one but all I want to do is comment on is how adorable Tyler Carter looks sat in that chair with his purple hair. I guess I'm biased as I have purple hair too so moving away from that this video tells the story of the single perfectly. The song is about giving into past demons when you know you shouldn't and it's portrayed in the video by a girl, who looks a tad like Jennifer Lawrence, trying to move on from her ex but falling straight back into his arms. It's happened to the majority of us I'm sure, which is why the passion and angst visible from not only the actress, but also from Tyler and Michael Bohn, is pretty powerful. The video makes you connect with the song even more than before and it also features the rest of Issues rocking out the way they do best. The only thing missing is bassist, Skyler Acord's hair! Bring back that insane afro!



Custer - Slipknot

Okay, so this isn't actually a video but it was too fresh not to include in this post. Custer is the third song to be released by Slipknot from the new (and now leaked) album, .5: The Gray Chapter, and this is one insane track. It's violent in exactly the way you want it to be. Right from the start it pummels and drives into your skull like a freight train and it leaves you wanting more. You just know that this is a song to unify a crowd at a gig screaming back the chorus: "cut cut cut me up and fuck fuck fuck me up." It's so disgustingly good that I have no proper constructive words for it. Unlike The Devil In I and The Negative One, Custer is purely for the growls and murmurs of Corey Taylor and it's great to see him doing something so purely aggressive again. The song is a showcase of the powerhouse of metal that Slipknot are and it is definitely a reminder of what they do best: pure unadulterated noise.


No comments:

Post a Comment