Monday 4 August 2014

Slipknot return!

It's pretty much typical that my few days away from blogging would mean that I would be late to catch up
with possibly one of the most exciting releases of the year. A new. Slipknot. Single.

Slipknot are a massive force in the rock industry. For starters, they're masked which already puts them in a category of their own. Then there's the whole sniffing dead crows and shitting on stage thing. And not forgetting their own personal issues such as losing two band members and taking a 6 year break. But what I should really be saying is how Slipknot are their own noise and that it is a brilliant noise at that. Slipknot songs are unmistakably Slipknot and I don't think 'The Negative One' is any different. There is the trademark darkness that Slipknot songs have, a frantic pounding drum beat and some gnarly guitar which makes me feel like I actually can play guitar myself. It's a hell of a come back and a hell of a tune to rock out to and after weeks of teasers it's everything I'd hoped and more. When it's not on repeat through my speakers it's on repeat in my head and it has definitely reminded me how much I love this band. It's a very exciting sample of what this crazy reckless band are about to unleash on the world and I for one cannot wait. It's a very warm and welcome return for Slipknot.

Slipknot will premier the video for 'The Negative One' on August 5th...THAT'S TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment