Friday 12 September 2014

2 days. 2 videos.

'Daydream' - Bloody Knees

Sam Conway is my hero. How he starts Bloody Knees' videos is hysterical and 'Daydream' is no different. Running on with a wheelbarrow for an introduction... it's awkward and it's genius and I love it. The video, much like Sam, is also a bit mental. It sees Brad enter a terrifying series of journeys where he is confronted by his bandmates in various states. In one scene he is being tortured by the human embodiment of Norwegian death metal. In another he is confronted by a Ketamine party and in a third he finds himself stuck in a relentless KFC eating situation. It's all very weird and much like the video for 'Bedtomb' it is hard not to watch it because you just want to know what is going to happen. The band explained that Brad actually enters an anus which is apparently the gateway to the soul? Yeah, I'm not quite sure either but you can see that hilarious explanation here. Anyway, it's another great video of a great single from a great band and it is more than worth checking out.



'The Devil In I' - Slipknot

Slipknot videos always seem to leave me on edge. Like, they really make me uncomfortable. It's great. 'The Devil In I', the band's second single since returning from a six year break, took a while to get my approval. I wasn't overly impressed the way I was with first single 'The Negative One' but the release of the video has caused me to listen to song over and over and I now love it as much as I do their other singles. The video sees some new masks, and some old, and they're all still as creepy as the first time you ever saw the Iowa legends. As their trademark, introducing new masks could have been a bad move but with the introduction of two new members it feels right and as I suggested, they're insanely cool and creepy. The video also sees two figures draped in red bed sheets with eye holes cut out, much the way you dress up when you want to be a ghost on Halloween and have no money. They're cool but what's really cool (in the creepiest way possible) is the ripping apart of faces and the eating of human flesh, the blowing themselves up and the brutal stabbing of masked individuals. It's traditional Slipknot style and it's awesome to see them back to what they do best.


No comments:

Post a Comment